What have we as volunteers done.
A snap shot of our Chapter from this weekend. A great improvement over the past 5 years all because of people wanting to help others.
- We have had about 175 people (kids and adults) enjoying the outdoors and relaxing, teaching and learning.
- Started with overnight with Pack 142 our Cub Scouts (~20) and parents (~10) camping near the clubhouse and lower pond
- We had a rifle match 10 competitors and RSO Volunteers with some adults shooting their M-1s for the first time. Instruction on safe operation slings position. Guests (with vouchers) on the range with their sponsor teaching, demonstrating and another r Member/RSO providing safety backup. Later other members did their rec shooting on both pistol and rifle ranges.
- RV Campers in the campground using the woods for a bit of relaxation
- Archers on the Archery Range
- Trail Life Boys Troop 2318 and American Heritage Girls with parents - (82) Teaching learning - fishing, Flag Etiquette, banquet (82!) in our clubhouse, see photos
-- Turkey shoot - biggest first day we have had in the recent past at, 8 PM 21 participants (kids and adults) and at least 6 volunteers to set up and run it provide concessions free hot dogs and hamburgers.
- A Family tent camping in our 'back woods' past the small pond
- Troop 142 camp out
- Sunday Guest Day on the Rifle, Pistol and Shotgun ranges plus normal recreational shooting.
Our Youth Shotgun League
- Pack 458 meeting
Not this weekend
- Volunteers - Mike Russell again and others cutting grass so all the kids had a great place to 'play'
- Hunter Education
- Hunter Safety briefings
- NRA Training
- Other matches Tuesdays (Steel) and weekends Steel, ARC
- Families out quietly relaxing around the pond
other Packs, Troops, Eagle Scout projects
Web Site, newsletter .........
AND it goes on and on
Do others notice? - had 4 families express an interest in becoming members this Saturday - they already are volunteers helping the kids in the various Troops and Packs or guest shooters
Bottom line - thanks to you all and the other volunteers we have a very active Chapter and a lot of people using our 211 acres of wood and facilities!